Please help me identify my wheels

MartinB123

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all,

I bought a complete Ribble Reynolds 653 bike a couple of months ago - these wheels were fitted, however there are no stickers to indicate a make/model.

I've removed the tyre and rim tape from the front and it weighs circa 860g with a Shimano 600 hub, it's a 36h rim.

The rear (not pictured) has a matching Shimano 600 hub with a 9 speed cassette fitted. Rims are matching, grey in colour.

Looking to sell - but I need to know what they are first so I can price accordingly!

Thanks

Re:

I'm not sure its possible to give a name to the wheels themselves, as they are probably hand made. But we might be able to identify the individual components....

Tricky at those angles, in the first photo the rims look like de-stickered mavic CXP-33s but I'm guessing the hubs being 600 rather than Ultegra predate those rims so I'm probably wrong!

In the second picture, from how the light is reflected, the rim appears to have a shoulder (which would mean its definitely not CXP 33 which has a conical cross section. Maybe a Mavic Open 4?

What era 600 are the Hubs? Are they just 600 or 600 tricolor? I'm guessing they are at least tricolor if they took a 9sp speed cassette?

Thanks - i'd be inclined to advertise them for £80 - does this seem in-line with the market for these wheels?

Back