Vintage Falcon...anyone help with age / or model?

I don't recognise the Falcon as.a factory frame. Iirc Andy Thompson made a frame that had a Falcon badge snd decals for a well known rider......

What size is it?

Shaun

Hi. It's 21" centre to centre by my measuring. No headbadge either. Im hoping the lug details might eventually give a clue. Every other falcon frame i can find is Reynolds tubing. Cheers.

Midlife":1nbi6qoy said:
I don't recognise the Falcon as.a factory frame. Iirc Andy Thompson made a frame that had a Falcon badge snd decals for a well known rider......

What size is it?

Shaun

Did falcon build frames with Columbus Tubing as I'd habevthoughtbeing British they used Reynolds back in the day on there better frames??

Hillbelly":1mevmr9j said:
Let me know where abouts in the land of beauty you are.
Yes, yes, don't rub it in, we can't all live amongst wonderful hills, rocky crags, acres of rolling green land with dry stone walls snaking off into the far distance.

Hold on a minute.......Let's not forget the vintage coaching inns with hand pumped local ales and the scattering of bike friendly cafés :p ;)

The badged Cinelli steel stem is worth a fair bit on its own. TBH, it looks a bit incongruous compared to the other fittings.

Nob":sjdcucnm said:
Midlife":sjdcucnm said:

What size is it?

Shaun

Did falcon build frames with Columbus Tubing as I'd habevthoughtbeing British they used Reynolds back in the day on there better frames??

The Falcon factory itself use only Reynolds IIRC. However, if a one off special was needed for Track (Skol 6), TT, a specific rider then someone else would build it and stick on Falcon decals........Mandy Jones for example rode an Andy Thompson Frame with Falcon decals.

Shaun

I had the stem down as a strong point...watched one sell recently on eBay for £120. Perhaps the owner had a stem fancy as the old Holdsworth has a nice il primo stem but the chrome has gone. I recognise the rest of the kit may not be quite so exotic. The weinmann brakes may be bit below spec. Would rx100 calipers be any better/more inkeeping? Not sure if they'd even fit.
Perhaps I'd be better splitting the bike after all???
Let's suppose the frame is rebadged....any experts out there recognise the detailing as being as per a different builder? Thanks for the opinions.

Just had a look. The top of seat tube junction looks identical to the orange merckx falcon in that link.......There is however a difference in the rear calliper mount. This frame here has a little square piece (that's a technical term) to accept the brake rather than just a drilled brace....If you know what I mean.

Back