RBotM December - open month - anything goes - Nominate now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh c'mon now, they are all lovely and remember it's not over until the thinness challenged lady sings ;)

Jamie

stick Legs wrote:
More of a compliment to the Denton than a criticism.

I know mate. I should have put a smiley face as I did take it that way, not as a criticism.
While in my position I stay neutral, I fully understand about the Denton ;)

All in good fun

Jamie

Re: Brazzo

Brazzo with rare complete Ofmega master groupset.

Frame built by Giovanni ( Vanni ) Losa from Milan responsible for Cinelli Supercorsa frames as well as Magni PEP, Tunesi, Turri, Bellini etc

Attachments

• nuovo record - 1.jpg
    nuovo record - 1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 6,595
  • nuovo record - 2.jpg
    nuovo record - 2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 6,595
My retro inspired build didn't go down well last month so this time I present my totally original Raleigh Theseus from the SBDU at Ilkeston.
I just have to look at it and I'm instantly transported back to 1987.
T'Pau, Rick Astley, Whitesnake, those were the days. :LOL:

Attachments

• Ral1.jpg
    Ral1.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 6,561
I'll put my Bob Jackson in then. Bought as a bare frame a couple of years ago, and decided to build up with Shimano components, cinelli bars and stem and stitched on some leather wrap.

Attachments

• 2015-05-04 11.09.13.jpg
    2015-05-04 11.09.13.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 6,442
  • 2015-05-04 09.54.48.jpg
    2015-05-04 09.54.48.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 6,442
Re:

A lot of cracking bikes .
The French Randonneuse is stunning .
The frame design looks similar to a Charrel . I cannot tell tell from the pictures if the frame is all fillet brazed + the external cable runs could rule it out been one?

Re: Re:

bagpuss":2z8spyac said:
A lot of cracking bikes .
The French Randonneuse is stunning .
The frame design looks similar to a Charrel . I cannot tell tell from the pictures if the frame is all fillet brazed + the external cable runs could rule it out been one?

I wish it were a Charrel :LOL:
But the finish even if good is not of Charrel quality I believe, and Charrel like details are clearly not there :cry:
the frame is actually lugged and not fillet brazed
a few more pics there
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99919742@ ... 219924521/

truly these hellenic seatstays have been fancied by quite a few high end french framemakers
Dujardin, Singer, Reyhand, Villemus, Cycle de France to name a few.
True quill seatposts have not been very common and more a feature of Singer. But even with Singer parts, the lack of a number stamped and cable stops unlike Singer ones makes it rather improbable it is one.

About internal cabling, it is true its a rather common feature of Charrel , but has also been seen quite often on some Follis ( see one in my flickr gallery :idea: ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back