The Carlton and Raleigh Worksop/SBDU/SPD appreciation thread

Re:

Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of a Dynatech 905ti road bike and I'm wondering about how to age it accurately.

On the MTB Dynatech appreciation thread, there's a post stating that serial numbers beginning with a 'C' mean the frame was constructed in 1992.

Mine's an 'F', so is it as simple as counting up the years to 1995 or is the numbering system used by Raleigh at that time less defined than that?.

Thanks For your help. Matt

Here is a photo of my Carlton Professional which my dad bought for me in 1974, actually I got the bike in early '74 - bought at Butterworth's cycles in Sheffield, traveled to what was then Rhodesia and then back to UK and then Texas. Original paint and decals/stickers.

I'm not sure if this helps, but heres one for you:

SB 8387 viewtopic.php?f=6&t=293496&hilit=sbdu

and I had a road frame from our local tip a few years ago - will dig up the details if I can find them.

Found it:

SB7336 viewtopic.php?f=12&t=50472&hilit=tip

I'd forgotten just how nice those late 755Ti frames looked.

Lovely bikes all of them. Will add my Ti Dyna Tech once rebuilt.

legrandefromage":34as7i5n said:
I'm not sure if this helps, but heres one for you:

SB 8387 viewtopic.php?f=6&t=293496&hilit=sbdu

and I had a road frame from our local tip a few years ago - will dig up the details if I can find them.

Found it:

SB7336 viewtopic.php?f=12&t=50472&hilit=tip

Those links don't work mate so here you go ,,

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=345706

and the 2nd link ,

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=282501&start=40#p2385971

So i hope that's right then mate ..

Mine, but it has been seen around these parts before.

Attachments

• SBDU 461 002.jpg
    SBDU 461 002.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 499
Re:

My Dyna Tech Ti road frame. Was a 405Ti frame that came back into the shop I worked in as a warranty replacment, however it was lighter and had some differences in the lug shapes to the other 405Ti's I had seen.
Also had a blue sticker not a red one. Almost all of it was the same as a 725 / 755 frame except it does not have the bolt on seat stays.
Very odd.
I had it repainted by Argos in about 2003/4 in this scheme which is Monaco Blue and Titan Silver.
Originally it ran a mix of Campagnolo and Shimano but now runs Campagnolo 8 Speed Athena (the chainset and hubs are Synchro era) and a screw on Maillard 8 spees 12-21 block.

Those who are from the Taunton area may remember Ralph Colman Cycles' fire. Well the Chorus seat post and Athena hubs came from the smoke damaged stock clearance sale and I kept them until I got a road bike. This road bike. :)

Attachments

• IMG_6953.JPG
    IMG_6953.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 470
Back