How much is it worth? Colnago Decor with rusty frame

Charcoal

Retro Newbie
Hey guys, I have acquired this nice little bike from a student who's now left the country. I think he bought the bike off gumtree for £40 a year ago.

I had a look on ebay and was shocked to see similar bikes going for over £500, but mine has a rusty frame - does anyone have any idea what it's worth?

Colnago Decor Frame
Campagnolo Chorus levers, calipers and rear mech
Campagnolo Record front mech
Campagnolo 2x8 gears and hubs
Mavic MA rims
Dura ace headset
Cinelli bars and stem

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Wg3E1As.jpg

Re:

You could have a new top tube put in for around £100, but a full respray could be pricey.

The components are worth something, but that will be dictated by what they are.

The frame is dead. The forks have value.

The parts, unless stupidly worn, all have value too.

Cleaning, polishing and good photos will get you quite a few Trump Dollars or Brexit Pounds.

Re:

Thanks, I will either break it for parts, or buy a frame more my size and transfer everything onto it to make myself a nice little bike for commuting :)

Re: What a shame

It hurts to see such a nice bike be so mistreated. I agree, the frame is toast. The components don't look too bad. Best option is probably save the groupset and start over with a different frame.

Re: What a shame

larrytx01":2pj96bm4 said:
It hurts to see such a nice bike be so mistreated. I agree, the frame is toast. The components don't look too bad. Best option is probably save the groupset and start over with a different frame.

I think that might be exactly what I do, though maybe with an easier front sprocket set to suit my lazy legs ;)

Back