RBotM - October - Autumn - Nominations now open-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lookin very good so far, especially for a short month.
Liking the Paramount picture KB, very nice.
Mike, leave the pics entered, there's no reason to remove them at all.
Thanks again guys for supporting the comp, it is much appreciated.

Jamie

I too managed to get out on Sunday for a good ride on the Mercian, a lareg proportion was quite off road but it was great fun. Managed a couple of pics.
These were taken at the cemetery near Strathpeffer.
Here is my entry:

DSCN3021 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3022 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Jamie

Re:

Great second picture Jamie :cool:

Thank goodness you picked up the baton and revived these road bike comps ! ;) ;)

Mike

Stevelawson, when you go onto flickr and open the share box make sure to click the BB link and then copy that and paste.
That will put the pic straight onto the page.
Thanks Mike but really, its all down to the entries as to whether it succeeds. I just put the odd theme up and have tried to stick to a schedule of entries until last dayf the month, then a five day poll and hopefully the new month opens for entries around the 6th or so and runs until the last day of the month. This month was a bit of a muck up due to being away for a week and then a few nights at work. I have tried to stick to this so that people know when things are due to happen and also that it has been one of the issues in the past, in that some months comps ran for six weeks and some for three, etc.
So basically I just try and co ordinate it and try and stay on schedule, drum up a bit of interest etc but it is all down to people entering. I think it sort of feeds on itself, as once it gets rolling with the number of entries and the standard as well, then people see this and think to enter the next month. It also helps that it is all in a good spirit and the posts are always in a decent tone, there doesn't seem to be the sniping and nit picking that sometimes used to pop up in a thread and more often than not it put people off posting a comment, let alone entering.
Long may it continue.

Jamie

Jamie

1975 Bill Philbrook Touring Bicycle.

A late entry guys and not in an Autumnal setting, but this was recently collected from the painter and is my Autumn/Winter project.

A super rare Bill Philbrook touring frameset, 531 throughout with some interesting features: fillet brazed, hybrid headset, braze-ons for direct mount Mafac-Racer-centrepull brakes, non-invasive bottle bosses, Campag dropouts. Had a few issues with the frame during the restoration but eventually they were overcome

Built in 1975, verified by a V-CC member holding Bill's build book, super rare as very few of Bill's frames carry his own name. Not the original colour as it wasn't nice; I couldn't decide but then remembered my Dad took delivery in 1975 of a new Ford Granada in Arizona Gold - so decision made.

The components were already in stock, so to speak and will be all Campagnolo Nuovo Record - apart from of course, the brakes. Saddle will be a Brookes.

Thanks for looking, Jon.

Attachments

• rsz_philbrook_rb.jpg
    rsz_philbrook_rb.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 6,698
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back