Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Hi folks,

Thought I'd take a detour on the way home, thankfully dodging the showers! On my Bianchi, I was enjoying the local lanes.
Then the rear mech seemed to be out of synch, so I stopped and adjusted the cable tension.

A few metres later, the crank seized up so I stopped. Noticing the rear mech was not in it's normal position, starting to wrap itself around the stays, I could see that a jockey wheel had pinged out!
Had a look around, but nowhere to be seen, although the bolt was on the floor.
The one time I didn't have a multi tool as well! :roll:
Thankfully Bunces were open, and allowed me to borrow an allen key to get the bolt back on.
Now, the straightest way home was around 6-7 miles, up and over a 17% climb. If I could get to the top, I could at least freewheel down a lot of the way back home.
Gingerly, I made my way up the climb, picturing how much/if the chain was wearing through the bolt.

Made it, phew! A bit rattly, but I'd done the hard bit. Gears were working great, too! :facepalm:
Made it home, soft pedalling. Here's what the bolt looked like at the end.

WP_20161025_17_37_37_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Not recommended.

WP_20161025_17_34_51_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

There's better ways to save weight!

WP_20161025_17_34_24_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Mike

Re:

I'd still drop you on that climb with no firkin jockey wheels Nick! :LOL: :LOL:

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1tvoo2kk said:
I'd still drop you on that climb with no firkin jockey wheels Nick! :LOL: :LOL:

Dude
I'm gonna whoop your ass this coming year you lanky streak of southern piss

got an email back from the guys who run HONC and its gonna be run on the 9th of April,

SHOWTIME !

Re:

Dream on

All that cow turning is messing with your head! :LOL: :LOL:

A 17% climb , on a first gear of 39 x 23! Proper hard riding, right there!

Re:

:LOL:

After being put to the sword this year, I at least want to give yah a run for your money in 2017
especially on the climbs, and those crank bolts ain't gonna come loose anymore !

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    18 KB · Views: 647
Mike Muz 67":3fk24q33 said:
You haven't got some proper bolts, have you? Or a spanner?

Nah the bolts are 3DV T.I and too dam friggin nice to ditch... so I'm changing the bike :facepalm:

Back