Restored 70's Carlton Corsa

Flashspix

Dirt Disciple
The latest Project to make it from the shed to the road, this classic Steel bike was looking tired and ready for the scrappie, 2 months of shed love later, she resurfaced blinking in the bright sunlight as I took her on her first shakedown. She rolls smoothly and handles great.

p1899405555-4.jpg

p2086906119-4.jpg

p1898334553-4.jpg

p1961340879-4.jpg

That looks lovely!
Great job as it looks like new :) Did you repaint yourself?

Jamie

Re:

Lots to like about that bike ! :cool:

The delicate mech, the brakes, the mini mudguards, colour scheme! Is it 5 speed?

Mike

Yup, looks like it just left the cardboard wrapper in a 70's Raleigh 5 star dealer :)

Could do with a hanger retaining bolt to help when you change the rear wheel :)

33dk02e.jpg

Shaun

Hi Gents thanks for the feedback, I decided to keep this original so it is running,
a 5 speed Huret Svelte derailleur.
The hanger bolt on the rear wheel would have finished her off, my spare parts bin was ransacked - no joy, but she was snapped up by a fellow Carlton lover and is now thrashing the hills and valleys of North Wales.
She was a joy to restore and my second full re-paint, there is an excellent automative paint shop close by and the boys did a great job on matching the paint before I stripped the original paint off (which was completely shot). My shed makes a perfect paint booth and I used rattle cans, taking care to apply light coats.

Latest main project is a Carlton Pro-Am, stripped down to the bone, I really like the original pearlescent paintwork on this, it does have some "Patina" rust spots, so I may sand and prime them, then get a can or 2 matched up for touch ups, before a couple of clear coats.

Back