Lemond tsx or tvt?

I have an ALAN Record Carbonio, which is very similar in construction. Are the TVTs any more rigid? I can get significant visible deflection at the BB just by standing on the DS pedal at rest.

Thought I'd update you all, the bike is pretty much finished now and rides very nicely. I just have a couple of tiny niggles to sort out, I doubt anyone else would notice them lol :) Front derailleur cable isn't parallel to the frame because I haven't got the right BB cable guide. And I'm trying to find a suitably nice period saddlebag.

I'm very happy with it though, and by hell is it light for its age.

Attachments

• IMG_20161109_103203.jpg
    IMG_20161109_103203.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_20161109_103046.jpg
    IMG_20161109_103046.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 507
Re:

Beautiful! Now get the nose of that saddle up to horizontal (using a spirit level, puh-leeze!) and slung back on the rails. And forget your aching old back and the '70s shop racer look and rotate those bars forward like so!! >>

:cool:

PS I hope that you're not going to put a saddle bag on this bike?? :facepalm: I can imagine that the frame will spontaneously combust when attaching such CTC style items!!

:shock:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I already have those, I was going to have a few put on but the painter did it before I'd had a chance to ask. So right now the frame just has TVT decals. I could always stick them on later, but I kind of like it nice and simple anyway.

Re:

That's one nice resto project,

And for what its worth (actually nothing) I have to agree with everything the the Rusty one has stated above :facepalm:

Stick Legs":ganl6e95 said:
Saddle bag! There are RULES people!

On a THM build maybe... But not on a thoroughbred, it'll be akin to an Aston Martin wearing a towing bracket :D

Back