RBotM - October - Autumn - Nominations now open-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spokesmann":36wfmq7z said:
The History Man":36wfmq7z said:
It does say this autumn mr Spokeydokey

The name's Spokesmann and the images were taken last year on 31/10/15

This was last Autumns winning picture. Surely it can't be entered again?

Mike

Jamiedyer":ybkb3tin said:
Lovely Overbury's THM. Is there a build thread or write up for this machine. Definitely like to see more and learn more about it.
I am really liking the colour.
Play nice gentleman ;)

Jamie

Make cocoa. Press the bike name in my signature below.

Ok, I realise now that Spokesmann has entered and won last years November Picture of the Month with his 1st picture of his Carlton.

Technically it is allowed to enter under the current rules. This is because it was Picture of the Month, not Bike of the Month, so a different competition. It was also the picture that won where as this month its all about the bike. Even under BotM rules, any bike that has won is then ineligible to enter again unless its a themed month, which again, technically this is.
Some may think that its a grey area or not in the spirit, but really, rather than worry about it too much, just don't vote for it when voting comes around. We do struggle with entries and I fear we will this month as I left it late to start, though I would hate to see more posts about the picture than actual pictures.
That being said, I must reiterate that this isn't my show, it is your show, I'm just the one with a flickr account and the ability to post pictures and start a poll each month...ish.

Just trying to play fair as I can and while I am no S. Blatter, as my bank account shows, I would hope I at least make the middle ground of the fools and wise men.

History Man, thanks for the link and apologies for missing it.

Jamie

OK no worries, I just like to support these threads in anyway I can, to keep interest going, sadly I can't always get it right as I have a day job too and can't spend the time tripping up entries like possibly some can. :facepalm:

Jamie discount my entry and then it should be OK. Thanks for keeping these competitions going though!

Mike

:D

Jaime you do a sterling job I shall have a picture tomorrow to support your efforts. Now come on guys lets get out on the road and fill this thread with pictures and show support for Jamie's hard work and effort to make this happen...

PLEASE

Re:

Today's Autumn ride:
Fotor_147717943746852.jpg

That's a great photo hockinsk.
Lovely machine as well.
Hopefully I will be out tomorrow and get a photo for the comp myself.

Jamie

Re:

No build thread as such, but there's a bit more info at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=356796 on it.

The frame appears to be one of the ones developed for TVM as it was originally painted in the red with darker red band through the middle and has many of their features, such as shorter wheelbase, no metal inserts, no mudguard eyes, narrowed top tube etc. It's probably an earlier attempt for TVM that got rejected and ended up being taken by staff when they closed or perhaps just sold as a First Edition. The actual TVM frames used in Kellogs Tour and Tour de France had a beefed up BB area and the rear mech cable runs from seat-tube direct to the rear mech without going under the BB first. I've now clocked up about 600 miles and the frame seems fine. Nothing's unglued or cracked anyway : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back