RBotM - November - BRITISH MONTH - Nominations

Looking great everyone :)
Poll will go up on Monday night and run for 5 days.
Next month will most likely be a normal, anything goes month, so again, dig out anything you want to enter.
While its been an exceptional month this month, hopefully we can keep the momentum going and go from strength to strength. My current thinking is every other month will be a themed month. Not always nationality, it may be something a bit different from the norm I think, and remember its YOUR competition, not mine so feedback, both positive and negative welcome. Try and keep it polite and constructive rather than just calling me a knob :)

Jamie

The Best rBoTM I've ever seen!
Stunning bikes, ALL of them, and being biased I absolutely loved seeing the Carltons and Raleigh's - that 753 SBDU machine is a gleam machine.

Ten pages!

Ten pages! :shock:

That is a first for RBoTM I think. You definitely scratched an itch there Jamie. Long may it continue.

Spokesmann":3qmqw6mc said:
Not a Klein in sight too.
haha! I wish the same could be said for BotM over on the 1997 MTB section - few Pace and my Raleigh Dynatech flying the flag there - Support British in all sections yeah!!

Remember theres also a Roadbike section Picture of the month as well ;)
I know, I'm just being greedy and pushing my luck now :)

Jamie

I have just revived my 1985 Langsett frame for use as a winter bike. Modern road frames don’t seem to have sufficient clearance for 28mm tyres. The 40” wheelbase and steel frame make it is lovely ride. I've certainly needed the mudguards today. I am going to move the second bottle mount to the seat tube if I can source a bottle cage with a frame mount.

Attachments

• Langsett.jpg
    Langsett.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 464
Re: British Month

Always carried out full restorations in the past and still own 2 Ti Team Raleighs, 1 84 531c ex sponsored rider training frame and a 79 Team Europa both are as new, however my favourite is shown below. A e-bay Purchase in a very sorry state. The lugs had been painted dark blue and the yellow stripes over painted in dark red. The forks where peppered with rust and all the alloy was tarnished and pitted. The decals however on the frame where O.K. But the Kermese decals on the chain stays had lost most of their colour. Nobody has these decals in stock so armed with some very fine brushes could I restore the faded chain stay decals and touch up the frame decals. I was happy enough with the results to then tackle some serious deep cleaning.Everything is back to factory spec except I replaced the Simplex F&R mechs for Campag Gran Sport.
All the plastics underwent acetone washes,the overpainting was very carefully removed Cola and tin foil sorted the forks and then everything was polished and then polished again. I know it's not a winner and I take rubbish pictures but to me it it epitomises the British cycle industry at its zenith and it's great to ride!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 450
  • kermese.jpg
    kermese.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 411
Thanks for sharing Kamakazerider, that Carlton looks great to me. :) Sounds like you had to put in a fair amount of elbow greae to bring it back. Well done, another one saved.
It's amazing what a bit of TLC can do to transform something that looks past its best or neglected. It does take someone to see the potential though. Very good work anyway.
Jamie

Back