Ofmega & ....... ?

I recently surveyed my brochure archive looking to fill in the components to go with some NOS Campag 980 kit I have. Italian builders sometimes used Ofmega, but hardly ever a full groupset. Most used is Gipiemme Sprint. sOme evidence of more unusual kit such as Rino.

In terms of Ofmega then, looking through the Italian brochures archive here's a summary that might help:

Bianchi '84: Nuovo Racing Model - Modolo Flash on a bike with an Ofmega Competition chainset (and Campag Record derailleurs!)
Moser early '80s: Modello Super Sprint - Ofmega Gran Premio chainset with Universal 125s
Simonato: Early '80s - Ofmega groupset, brakes are not descibed, but look like Univeral
Torpado: Beta Model early '80s - Ofmega Gran Premio chainset with Universal 125s. Also the Nuovo Sprint model that has an Ofmega competition chainset. Brakes are not described but look to be the same Universal 125s

I bought an Olympia bike in 1977 and it came fitted with Ofmega hubs, headset and cranks, Campagnolo Nuovo Gran Sport derailleurs, Modolo Speedy brakes. It rode really well (much better than the Colnago that I replaced it with)

I believe I still have a set of NOS Ofmega hubs somewhere (36°)

Back