22 year old Giant Peloton

spgriff

Retro Newbie
Hi, I have a 22 year old Giant Peloton in immaculate condition - including all decals.
it still rides like new (been ridden this summer May to July for the first time in 20 years).

Could someone give me some idea of its potential value? And, if I decided to try to sell it, the 'best' forum to do so e.g. ebay? (it's currently on ebay with a reserve - hoping to gauge the value).

Any advice/comments would be great.

Many thanks in advance
Steve

Pics would be nice, plus an idea of the components on this beastie! Giant Peleton's not the lightest tubing. Can I ask what reserve you've stuck on the Bay?

cromolly 4130 rode one in the 90/s bit of a pony in my opinion, although it got good reviews in cycling plus mag.peugoet carbolite...pee all over it !
although their top end current bikes are race proven ,what a naff name.its like yo ho ho the jolly green....
look at me im really massive ! of all the exotic places in the world and ancient gods/ stars...they came up with that !

Hi, thanks for the comments/reply.
It has all Exage 400EX components.
52/42 racing set (front gears).

One of its selling points would be its immaculate condition - the only damage is to the handlebar tape.
I'm no expert when it comes to judging the 'quality' of a bikes ride so to speak, but for me it handles very well, quite smooth (although more 'twitchy' on some surfaces than modern bikes (I bought my first 'modern bike this month… another Giant).
The gear changes are every bit as smooth as my new Giant (105's).. the Indexing mechanism works brilliantly on the peloton.
The look of a bike I guess is somewhat subjective, but for me the yellow and blue tones on this Giant realyy site the bike and still looks good.

There are good pictures on eBay (can pics be added to this forum)?

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Back