Cooks Cranks

JustKev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
I just bought some Cooks - not sure which model but 'dog bone type' in black and they're not in as good shape as photo's suggested.

Any ideas on how to renovate them - i see the Cook Bros Racing logo is laser-etched into the powder coating.

Scant polished a pair up nicely - might be worth asking him if it was anything more than a lot of elbow grease and polishing... That's presuming you happy for them not to be black of course...!

that was one of my thoughts - was wondering if i can use something to strip the paint?

Whats wrong with kit that looks like its had the life its had :?:

15 year old cooks cranks should look used (surprised their not broken to be honest)...

Bring on the beaten up bike components... if you stuff is NOS your not riding enough ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

messiah":17o5kjis said:
Whats wrong with kit that looks like its had the life its had :?:

I do agree Messiah - none of my bikes are ever going to be garage queens, but i was hoping to put these on BOTM July '07 :LOL:

The more that posh components like cooks stuff get used, the less NOS ones will be available - hence pushing the price up of these great condition, rare components.

I wouldnt take an immaculate classic E-Type into a stock car race for the same reason...

Back