Pace RC35 Elastomer Stack... Help please.

mr_yogi

Retro Newbie
Hi, hope somebody might be able to help.

I've had my RC35 MD's since about 1996, and I haven't replaced the Elastomer Stack since about 2001. For the last 5 years or so my bike has been locked in the shed. I've recently got it out and taken it around the local lanes to get reacquainted with it. As I've had my Son on it (with his weeride) I've been missing potholes etc. as much as possible.

However looking at the forks the other day I noticed there was very little travel in them, maybe 1cm! It looks like the elastomer stack has disintegrated over the years in the shed :cry:

I've spoken to Pace but they haven't got any elastomers for the MD's left.

I've scouted the web and found an American site (suspensionforkparts) which seems to have Pace elastomer stacks for the RC35 but not the MD's.

Does anyone know where I can find a suitable stack of elastomers, a coil spring kit or any other suggestions?

Cheers :)

Contact retrobike member called Justbackdated.

He is a busy chap but usually gets around to writing back.

He is an ex Pace man who now has a company called fork english which looks after the pre-hollowform Pace forks.

:LOL:
Unfortunately MXCD type small elastomers are now on the endangered list; for this reason I am working on a spring conversion for the MD, MXC and MXCD. The MD one is sorted but I need to source some shorter springs for the others.
The RC35/XCS elastomers are still available at the moment and come as a set of 4 main elasto and the two topout bumpers. :D

MXCD and MXC

javascript:emoticon(':LOL:') I saw that suspensionforkparts. had 3 different kits,mxcd,mxc, and rc35

I hope this helps you out.

TJ

Re:

It is; by replacing the MXCD/MXC stanchion bottom plugs with the deep socketed ones from the MD or maybe the later '97 RC36. It starts getting a bit tricky to do then though as the plugs are bonded in. it just makes it a bit expensive!! It is best done as part of a full service while the fork is already stripped into component parts. The spring conversion will only really work if the fork has an oil damper fitted too as otherwise it will be a bit of a pogo stick!

Cheers :D

Back