well you have 2 laugh

THWANG-666

Senior Retro Guru
i,ve just about got all the parts to build my dyna-tech so off to work with the frame and forks today.for a nice beed blast to remove all the old paint i had just finished the frame when a work mate came over who is a MTB expert you know the type fasts up the hills and down enduros you name it he,s the best NEVER ENTERED A RACE but still the best he picked the dyna tech up looked at it and said what peice of crap is this i replied its a raleigh dyna-tech NEVER HEARD OF it. i think that says it for him

[yorkshire accent]...I were right about that saddle though...[/yorkshire accent]

Ha ha, I get those when out on the Merlin. "oh they that mail order place - yeah i've got a mate with one of their frames"

I just smile wryly and pat him on the top tube and say 'there there silly man's going away in a minute - no need to bite him'.

Fools.

:roll:

THWANG-666":81u9g7i0 said:
i like true mtbers he,s never heard of farmer johns WHAT THE HELL

lad in my LBS had never heard of U brakes....................................shocking what they don't teach those kiddies at cycle school these days :roll:

Aye- and apparently really far back, there used to be these gear lever things that you had to just move by hand and guess when it was right- didn't click or nowt...............tell that ter kids these days, they look at ye like yer saft..................

It was funny at Cannock - one of the last retro meets when I was on the black Trimble with the Prostop disk brake up front...

Countless times people literally swooned with awe and shouted...and i hasten to say...

"Wow! Look at the size of that thing"

:p

The fact that it was from around 92 era is just brilliant.

(Still doesnt work very well tho...)

Farmer Johns, U-brakes and Dynatechs haven't been around for at least 10 years (roughly). Not knowing about them doesn't make you a poor MTB'er it just makes you a more recent convert, and I think that anyone out enjoying the countryside on a bike should be applauded and encouraged.

sorry 2 pee on the fire BUT he know,s everything about mtb,s thats why he makes me laugh and 2 boot he is the best rider aswell

So he's a fast rider who has never heard of a Dynatech, perhaps he spends his spare time riding his bikes rather than sat in front of a computer talking about them?

(this post in no way implies that I am fast, or don't spend a disproportionate amount of time sat in front of my PC talking about bikes and is merely written in the interest of balance to represent the views of people who don't care about U-brakes, Farmer Johns tyres and such like. This post also is in no way intended as a slur against those that do spend a disporportionate amount of time sat in front of a PC discussing old bikes and collecting bikes rather than riding them, its cool to remember the past, but don't forget to be excited about the future.)

Back