What are the best / quietist canti brake blocks?

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Fed up with the frankly embarrassing noises that anounce my imminent arrive out of the woods on the cross bike despite any amount of toeing in (using HO's so that's nice and easy).

So are there any opinions on which to buy for a quieter life and better all round stopping power? Looked at CRC quickly but couldn't see much in the way of canti blocks and no Kool Stops for canti's? (probably just invited a web link to a set at CRC now haven't I?)

:)

Have you tried cycling very slowly :LOL: it was mare last Saturday trying to keep up you :LOL: :LOL:

Crap, I got some Koolstop Eagle II's (in Red :cool: ) from CRC about 3 weeks ago. Guess they've stopped making 'em? :(

Would be worth an email to CRC to find out, they are great pads....

Are these the Eagle II's you were referring to?

They aren't at CRC but are at Wiggle (although listed as inserts - I am presuming that means with the metal shaft rather than some bizarre V brake type insert for a canti block?).

Is the colour compound specific or just aesthetic?

Attachments

• kool stop eagle 2 06.jpg
    kool stop eagle 2 06.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1,236
Yup, they're the puppies.

Those colours are just for aesthetics, but they do ceramic and dual compounds versions too apparantly.

Yeah those koolstops are pretty good, I have some on the front of mine.... must get some for the back too. :roll:

Back