MTB Room 101

Lid

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have wanted to start this a few times.

Ok here is my FIRST one as it just poped up on another thread;
Paul's rear (and front) derailier.
Anodized up one side and down the other to cover up the fact that it is just ugly. The engineering is so crude, all those sharp angles and flat planes that you could argue the "form follows function" principle......except they didnt work. Changing jockey wheels and tweeking every two weeks is not something that works.

Ugly (as an ugly Hooker with to much slap on)
Didnt work (as well as the cheapest Shimano)
Stupidly expensive (as a London footballer)

Pauls rear derailier I place you in Room 101

Room 101 here is not strictly the Orwellian room 101.

There is a TV show here called room 101 where celebrities come on and put things that bother them "into room 101".
The show is hosted by Paul Merton (a 'comedian) and it is just a bit of fun. I think that Joanna Lumley put dogs lips into room 101 because they were "black and wierd looking"

So Room 101 in this context is things that are not 'bad' per se but things that sit uneasily with us. ;)

Spot on. The placer of the object does not have to be correct, they just have to back it up.

And no one calls me young man...to this face that is.

Lid":1atzbbt6 said:
Pauls rear derailier I place you in Room 101

along with Goldtec cassettes - the Ratners jewellry of MTB parts. Look the part from a distance but ........

Think I'll sit back and watch the bunfight start.....

Or maybe not.

Gripshift, I'll add these to room 101. COmplete with the goretex cables, stupid cable routing, avid rollamajig and vaseline you needed to get them working half acceptable for more than 5 minutes. Not sure what the vasline was for ........

But I quite liked Gripshift..........

(flees, hunkered over against being pelted by rotten fruit, to general and loud jeering...............)

Back