Stumpjumper build - colour choice - what is your favourite?

Last Exit

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
As some of you know, I set out on a build of an homage to Kaiser's beautiful white Stumpy a month ago. My frame is at the powder coaters and so it is make my mind up time on the colour :)

To help make my choice I put this webpage together - mostly from decent scans of brochures I own; some from the PDFs on this forum. I am only missing 2001 - otherwise complete for Stumpys (and a few S-Works) between 1990 and 2002.

Although I still really admire Kaiser's white build I do love the 1997 S-Works Dew Green and Mango colours - so I wondered what colours anyone else likes?

http://gallery.me.com/fredbrownprivate/100204

(Where I have come across a great example of a real bike I have included it and credited the owner - if any owners would prefer their bikes not to be included please just let me know).

Cheers,

Fred

PS Apologies to the mods if this is in the wrong place :)

Think Red has to be my favourite. Proper S-Works colour to me :)

Although i do like the deep metallic purple that mine is. Something nice about it when the sunlight is on it. Slighty biased tho... ;)

I agree EarlofBarnet and kirbdug - red is a classic :)

Harryburgundy - you are clearly feeling the mango :)

Pickle - it is (was) a knackered 1992 purple fade - piccie attached. It has been prepared for powder coating now...

Any more for mango or dew green?

Attachments

• 1992 Stumpy frame.jpg
    1992 Stumpy frame.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,567
Specialized's have to be red. There's some kind of law. Doesn.t apply to mine though.

Sworks should be red, Stumpjumper could be more funny. S work where great bikes, M2, ultimate, steel...

Red is a classic but you have to admit there is something pretty tasty about this :)

Attachments

• 1997 S-Works M2.jpg
    1997 S-Works M2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,536
Back