I have slept on this and here are the words of wisdom from this side of the fence...
1. Anodising should be 'themed', please don't make your bike look like a spillage at the smartie factory.
2. Risers. No bar ends please, no stems 100mm+.
3. Bar ends at the same angle as the stem please.
4. Project 2's are only really suitable for bikes with head angles 72 degrees+, stops you looking like your divinig water.
5. Amber wall tyres and black rims are the business. End of story!
6. No 4 arm cranks please.
7. Cable runs should be as short as possible.
8. Pace forks on Pace. Please.
That's it really, as long as it is tasteful and YOU like it why not...
Somerset, like 'Heartbeat' with newer cars!
Retro MTB: 1992 Cannondale M1000 Deore XT M730. 1992 Raleigh Dyna Tech Quantum Deore XT.
Retro Road: 1992 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra Telekom Shimano 6500 Ultegra. 1993 Dyna Tech Ti Campagnolo Athena 8 Ergopower.
Modern: 2004 Wilier scandium Ultegra 6800. 2014 Wilier GTR Dura Ace 9000.