Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:12 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 44  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Link from a friend 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Facebook 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Twitter 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Google+ 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Another bike site 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0
 Post subject: AEbC
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:41 pm 

Hi guys.
My name is Andrew, I am from Poland. I know little about mtb bikes but quite by accident I have just bougt the one you might be interested in.
Here it is, AMERICAN EAGLE by CONCORDE from the early 90's.
19'' frame, wheels and steering equipment - SHIMANO STX RC; frame equipment - RITCHEY. After receiving this bike from the seller I realized that it's nearly in NOS condition. Unfortunaly I can't share with you pictures - there is a rule that you must have 5 posts before you can post URL's/Links.
I really have a dillema now what to do with this bike. Could you please share your opinions? Do I have to ride this bike or treat it as the collectable thing and ride it occasionally? i would be grateful for any opinion. Kind regards for all.[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:59 pm 
Dirt Disciple

It all started with a few Klein posters on the wall. After seeing a picture of the Mongoose Tomac IBOC team edition, I wanted two things back then:

1) That bike
2) And to be the bassist for My Bloody Valentine.

Neither happened. Yet...

Good to meet everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:43 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi
I have a Cannondale M600 from the early 90's,i will post pics as & when i can (after 5 posts :roll: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:01 pm 

Hi my name is Abraham from Indonesia. I like the retro MTB I used to own it but it was sold.

Right now I don't have one and have a plan to own it later.

I ride my rigid MTB on track for occasional riding.

Hope anyone here pleased with me and sorry about my bad english.
:oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:15 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi all, just noticed this thread & thought I'd better say hello. I've been lurking for a few months now but decided to register today! I own a 2004 Specialized Crossroads Comp (commuter) a Giant Ranier 2009, not retro I hear you say! But I have just finished my Trek Y3 rebuild so I hope that quallifies me:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:11 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Like many of you here, I've got the MTB bug again. I first got into it in the 90's with my Marin Bear Valley SE, god I loved that bike oh and my Flexistem! Anyway, that's long gone now. I've since built a couple of bikes, the current one was built in 2002 and with a few tweaks, it's doing itself proud again today! It's an Orange Evo 02 frame, XT chainset, Marzocchi Z1 Freeride bombers (with a reduction kit to bring them down to 110mm travel) and lots of other nice little bits of course. Anyway, I'm probably going to be selling a few parts on here soon, including those Marzocchi forks, Mavic ceramic wheels, USE Alien Carbon suspension seatpost, XT V-brakes and leavers, and maybe more all in aid of funding some more bits for the Orange, so keep an eye out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:23 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Been on here a few weeks now and have been checking it out most lunch times. What a great site! The auction watch and for sale sections are so useful. But that aside, I just love the nostalgia! This site has taken me back to my youth, seeing the San Andreas again, or a Proflex is amazing, I had totally forgotten about these amazing bikes! It's like I've been transported back to my bedroom as a kid and I'm reading MBUK all over over again, drooling over these bikes!
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the site and the memories! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:51 pm 
Dirt Disciple

How rude i'm I or forgetful , either way found my way here when searching for an 90's 18inch diamond back apex frame , had to settle for a nos topanga frame in end , although i did score an original 16 apex cheap! So building up my topanga and letting wife have apex :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:37 am 
Dirt Disciple

waaaassssssuup guys. Let me me introduce myself. ID is ODYOFAEL and name here is Per ry. I'm from Burbank and a casual rider. I ride to stay alive...longer. (I'm 45 and 220 lbs, 5'10" and I have HB pressure) lol. 12 to 16 miles a day. And my rides: 1999 KLEIN Quantum Race with all CAMPAGNOLO Chorus 10 speed Carbon/Al for my daily exercise and a 1994-95? Cannondale "Beast Of The East" M800. All shimano LX, Chris King hubs).
One thing I can say, THIS FORUM ROCKS!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:28 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hey guy's and gal's. I am Kirk from the great state of Tennessee. I have been viewing this site since it's inception, but have just recently joined. Love the site and the passion for the older bikes. I love showing up to rides on my vintage ride while guy's are on their full bouncers. Their expression is priceless. Keep up the great work! :D :D :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 44  Next