Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
If you're new here welcome to the forum :cool:

You can use this thread to introduce yourself. It's also good if you can let us know how you ended up here, poll included.

If you're interested in Road bikes or BMXs be sure to introduce yourself in these forums too :D

Hi All,

I have been on here for a few weeks now so thought I had better say hello.

I have been bitten by the MTB bug again, first time round was when I was 13 (1993) and it lasted until I was 17 when I started driving. I had plenty of bikes from a Muddy Fox, Claud Buttler and eventually what was my best bike, a Marin Hawk Hill.

I now have a 2007 Marin Nail Trail which is OK but a bit stiff for all day rides so I'm on the lookout for a light-weight steel frame, maybe an Orange CW or at a push a Marin FRS from the mid '90's - my ad is in the wanted section.

Also keen to get a RC200 - already got a few feelers out on that one!

Cheers - Paul

;) welcome bud.

always wanted a rc200 myself, might be selling mine however, as my body cant take riding it :(

get some pics up of your bikes and get along to the retro rides that pop up all the time.

Hi All!

I stumbled on the forum a few days ago and simply can't believe how many folks are still, like me, riding a selection of older bikes! Wow, great stuff!
My current MTB is a Cannondale F1000 from around 1997, upgraded many years ago to XTR, 8sp of course!
Most of my riding these days is road orientated but I'm now considering stripping and refinishing the Cannondale to bring it back to it's former glory - it's still shod with a set of o/e IRC Mythos tyres - very period! I've plenty of work to do but with the information I've picked up just browsing the forum it does seem achievable!

Stu.

Hi All !!

Well thought I would pop in and say hello :D
Just this week I got back in the saddle after a 20 year break !!

With the kids pestering me to join them ridding, I hopped on fleabay looking for a cheap bike and within 30 minutes I was the proud owner of a Raleigh M-Trax 1000..

Wow how they have come along since my first ATB, a 1985 Raleigh Maverick 5 speed :LOL:

The only problem I see now is it brings back memory's of my days drooling over a Muddy Fox Courier in my local bike shop !!

One day it shall be mine !! :LOL:

Hi all , thought i would introduce myself ,i found this site through a link from velosolo while looking for single speed bits !! and i gues that ive become retro without even trying ;) im in the process of doing up a kona cindercone that i pulled from the scrap skip at a tip just before it would have been crushed :shock: this will be added to my cannondale F 1000 that i bought in october 1997 and have owned ever since , and love very much :D will get picks posted in due course .

Hi mike , have tryed to PM you ... but im doing something wrong because it wont send !! will try again tmro ... Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back