What happened to Fusion bikes?

I remember two models - both flouro/zolatone paint jobs

the orange/ black was 500LX and there was a yellow/ black with 300LX

the seatpost was tightened by a QR thru' the rear stays and the seats were always loose as whenever you tried to tighten things up, 'ping' would go the end of a QR

Was the brand not owned by said importer? From memory these were just made in taiwan specials.

John":3d0axkqk said:
Was the brand not owned by said importer? From memory these were just made in taiwan specials.

Yes i think they did own. BITD i heard that Evens wanted to sell Kleins but were told only if they take Fusion as well. So they didn't sell Klein.

yep - remember them :oops:

3 models from memory - 0230, 0250 and 0260

0230 was base model (unsure of spec)
0250 was purple mid range
0260 was aluminium with browning front suspension fork

They were first introduced when Chainsport / Bike UK were going. Then they went under, Fusion Cycles Ltd was formed with Mark Bickerton, and they continued for a while to import the Klein brand, as well their own brand 'FUSION' cycles...
I think there was alink with the dutch importer American Bike Import for the LA CROIX range too..
The first year they promoted them at most bikes shows and the team changed from Trek & Klein bikes to FUSION for 1992 (Oli Beckingsale, Carl Sturgeon and myself)..

I actually liked the 0250 I had - XTR, RC35's....nice solid bike.

I must return to my parents and dig out those old brochures etc!!!

I think eventually the company and the owners parted company after a year or so and started exploring different avenues.
Unsure what happened to Mark and Bridget (ex Muddy Fox lady) but Greg is now a successful businessman, based in Cardiff.

Back