Which to retro, red Pace or Hei Hei?

Titony2003

Retro Newbie
Just wondering if anyone can asssit me with my choice of going fully retro on one of my two favourite mountain bikes?

I have an original annodised red team Pace F200 with the Hope C2 rear mount although the stickers need re-doing.

I also have a '97 Kona Hei Hei kitted out in full XTR kit, Chris King Hubs and Rock Shox SID Race Light.

Obviously the Hei Hei is kitted out in mainly modern kit although the Pace has 3 yr old Rock Shox SL's and fully 9 speed XTR but no wheels.

I have a spare Ringle and Pace stems along with ti X-lite flat bars and Ti stubbies, XTR V's and matching wheels.

I therefore have enough retro kit to sort one of them out and easily enough modern kit to finish the other off.

Whichever I decide to do I'll need new decals and the only reputable chap I can find is H Lloyd in Scotland and it's going to cost over £150 for the Hei Hei which seems a little steep. Any ideas?

I'll post a few pictures soon and hopefully you fanatics out their can help me decide.

Cheers for looking.

Tony

Gil_m or Manitou916 on this site can sort you decals. Other wise you have a tuff decision concerning the bikes

Hei Hei sounds like a nice quick race machine so I'd keep that as is and retro the Pace

retro bikes shouldnt have disc brakes in my opinion. retro the kona

Back