Mavic 217 SUP

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Might have an opportunity to buy some NOS 217 SUP rims (Ti grey colour ones I think) that I'm thinking would be good with the Obed and Hugi hubs....but I have no experience of them.
Any good and the right time period? 96?
Ta
Carl

I have had several sets of 217's and have never had an issue, even the snowflaked front I used to have that I rode very hard for over 10 years! Lucky find if it comes through for you :D

Excellent rims! Fairly light , but strong enough for offroad touring with panniers. I seem to remember fitting them to my Kilauea, which I bought in '95, and replacing them with new fangled 517's in '98

Is this a joke? Been at the bubbly for breakfast again Carl? How much are you going to have to pay for them is the only important issue, but I suppose we're not allowed to discuss that.

No good. So reliable you end up using them and wearing them out.

Biggest thing wrong with them is that they stopped making them.

Mavic got it right with the 217 and other than some very minor differences, it hasn't changed much in its other iterations (the 517 and 717).

Anthony":2d1zm1a5 said:
Is this a joke? Been at the bubbly for breakfast again Carl? How much are you going to have to pay for them is the only important issue, but I suppose we're not allowed to discuss that.

:LOL: :LOL: No Anthony...I only have a small glass of sherry at Christmas....
thanks guys..this isn't a wind-up...really don't know what they are like or how much to pay for them :LOL:

There was a NOS 36h pair on t'bay for a BIN of £90 recently. However, I managed to get a vgc pair of sunsets on M738 hubs for £100....

Yes the eBay 36h 217's are ceramic too! Will last forever if you don't taco them!
Cheers,
Chaser.

Latest posts

Back