Retro Dad

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I recently acquired an old Cannondale frame from John at the March RB Meet, and as my Dad seemed to take an interest in it as I walked it thru the door, I gave it to him..

I've created a monster.. He said he wants to restore it!

Attachments

• 2007_0412birthdaymypicturesmy0086.JPG
    2007_0412birthdaymypicturesmy0086.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 2,865
Ripper!!

Whats he got planned for it then? New paint? Anodising?

Whens he joining the forum? :D

It's going red, I'm trying to make sure he sticks to a Cannondale colour.. With silver decals [there's a chap on US Ebay]..

Not sure of the forks tho, I have a spare set of Pepperonis but I think the should be Spinner Cro-Mo jobs..

The chainstays are the old "dented" ones, not the later [91] squarish section ones.. Any ideas on forks?

kingroon":2yicte3g said:
It's going red, I'm trying to make sure he sticks to a Cannondale colour.. With silver decals [there's a chap on US Ebay]..

Not sure of the forks tho, I have a spare set of Pepperonis but I think the should be Spinner Cro-Mo jobs..

The chainstays are the old "dented" ones, not the later [91] squarish section ones.. Any ideas on forks?

I reckon Pepperonis for sure dude...they look ace!

yeah, I would pop the pepperamis on there too. The spinners look a bit weedy on a dale.

Righto! Pappardelles it is!

Gonna source him some nice silver Ritchey stuff too.. Stem, bars and post.. :D

Oversized head tube?
I've got some Headshox you could have for free - I expect the postage would be a bit pricey though :roll:

JS1500":wf4whvkw said:
Oversized head tube?
I've got some Headshox you could have for free - I expect the postage would be a bit pricey though :roll:

Ah mate, too kind! Postage would only have been to the Sunny Seaside Resort of Eastbourne.. :cool:

..but for the 1" headtube :roll:

kingroon":2hpvl50t said:
JS1500":2hpvl50t said:
Oversized head tube?

Ah mate, too kind! Postage would only have been to the Sunny Seaside Resort of Eastbourne.. :cool:

..but for the 1" headtube :roll:

Am I correct in thinking that the M-series frames had regular sized head tubes and the F-series frames had oversized headtubes to fit the Headshox?

If it's a standard M frame then Headshox won't fit but if it's an F (I can't tell from the pic) the forks are yours if you want 'em.

They've been in my garage undisturbed for 10 years so can't guarantee they're any good but i'll dig them out this weekend and have a look.

They're bright yellow and were on my mate's Super-V (but not for long), I have no idea how I ended up with them or where the red ones off my Super-V went!

I'm happy to go drinking, racing or to the rugby with my dad but i wouldn't want him getting into retro - I (and my mates) had to suffer him at all the races back in the day!

Back