Name this frame....

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok is any one able to pass any idea over the identity of this frame.....
P4111229Large.jpg

P4111228Large.jpg

P4111226Large.jpg

P4111225Large.jpg

P4111224Large.jpg

Is it some random tat, or is it of note? My first thought was it looks a little industrialy cheap in manufacture, but the seatstays look fairly orange-like to me (as some one who's never owned an orange).

I cant help you too much but it looks like it has mounts for a crud catcher which may help towards the idea its a uk designed frame of some kind.

Could be an Orange Gringo?

Those dropouts looks quite tasty.. Kinda like a Schwinn Homegrown's, but I guess the crud catcher mounts rule that one out..

kingroon":18es02xw said:
Could be an Orange Gringo?

Those dropouts looks quite tasty.. Kinda like a Schwinn Homegrown's, but I guess the crud catcher mounts rule that one out..

Oh no way. I've never seen a Homegrown with Breezer style dropouts. The cable routing looks like like a Homegrown, but the dropouts...no way... they wouldn't have taken the time.

Ok after exploring the orange route, i came across a usefull page listing images of their replaceable drop outs.

This one looks familliar, and the mention that it replaces the silver forged version seems to fit.

P624SPA_MG_2241.jpg

P624spa fit all Patriot, Patriot 66, SubZero, Sub 5, Five, Sub 3, Mr XC, MsIsle and 1998 Orange O2. New improved version. CNC machined from billet with black anodized finish. This version is stronger and more hard wearing - it replaces the previous silver forged model.

Ok so obviously its not one of the full susp frames, but as a non orange expert, i have no idea about the other models. Any ideas, am i barking up the wrong tree?

Well - as you say a full suspension (Patriot, Sub 5/3, Five or Mr XC) and it's definately not a Ms Isle or SubZero so I guess that just leaves an O2.

Why not email Orange the frame number and ask them if they can identify it?

It isnt mine, yet.....Sadly these are the only pics i have, i didnt note the frame number...doh!

looks orange-y, but not sure they ever used dropouts like that.

may be a case of same factory, different name?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back