Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:12 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 118  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:10 pm 
Dirt Disciple

chaser wrote:
Straight forks on MT4 for sure.. same as Ogre forks.

Chaser.

Good man Chaser..Heres the brochure - how could somebody end up with an MT4 with curved forks. BTW: the pic in the Ogre borchure always looks Black but its Wine..

Attachments:
mt 4.jpg
mt 4.jpg [ 44.76 KiB | Viewed 1681 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:20 pm 
Retro Guru

Ogre XT wrote:
chaser wrote:

Chaser.

Good man Chaser..Heres the brochure - how could somebody end up with an MT4 with curved forks. BTW: the pic in the Ogre borchure always looks Black but its Wine..

Funny thing is, my MT3 which was supposed to come with the curved forks shown in brochure actually came with straight reynolds forks like MT4 but slightly heavier, I'll find a pic.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:24 pm 
Retro Guru

Here... MT3 Straight forks!

I think the guys in the factory were not paying attention.

Cheers,

Chaser.

Attachments:
MT3 Compress.JPG
MT3 Compress.JPG [ 44.78 KiB | Viewed 1668 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:25 pm 
Dirt Disciple

chaser wrote:
Ogre XT wrote:
chaser wrote:

Chaser.

Funny thing is, my MT3 which was supposed to come with the curved forks shown in brochure actually came with straight reynolds forks like MT4 but slightly heavier, I'll find a pic.....

Lkoks like someone in SPD was smoking the funny cigs that day.. maybe you can swap forks with retro raleigh.. looks like he has yours..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:04 pm 
Retro Guru

chaser wrote:
Here... MT3 Straight forks!

I think the guys in the factory were not paying attention.

Cheers,

Chaser.

The straight blade fork's are Reynolds Mang -Moly ones, whereas the bent ones are generic Spinners. - Some MT-3s were sold with the nicer 'Dyna-Max' ones... You're a lucky boy Chaser! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:04 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hmmm, Those forks dont look original to me. The shoulder looks flat and the curve not steep enough for a dyna. Id bet there replacement, but are deffo not dyna. Whats the sticker on the blade? Its an MT4 alright!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:54 pm 
Retro Guru

Yeah Retro Raleigh's forks are definately not original Dynatech's...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:38 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Just collected one of these. Don't think it's fully original but it's defo a dyna-tech/m-traxs. Full XTR + USE content but think it was built from the frame up bitd.

Will add pictures soon but for the record it seems to have Ti main frame and chain stays, cro-mo seat stays and 1 1/8th head set. Is yellow now but looks like the frame and Rock Shox forks were red at some point. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:25 am 
National & North West AEC
National & North West AEC

brocklanders023 wrote:
Just collected one of these. Don't think it's fully original but it's defo a dyna-tech/m-traxs. Full XTR + USE content but think it was built from the frame up bitd.

Will add pictures soon but for the record it seems to have Ti main frame and chain stays, cro-mo seat stays and 1 1/8th head set. Is yellow now but looks like the frame and Rock Shox forks were red at some point. :?

I'd be very interested to see this. I'm assuming it's the one which was on ebay recently. Although I wasn't bidding, out of curiosity I did get some pictures from the seller. Although a bit grubby and tatty, it looks to have some very nice XTR M900 kit on it. It'd be good to see how similar the frame is it is to my mystery Dyna Tech and to compare frame numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:26 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all
There is a sticker on the forks which read TANGE ,as you all say there not the originals .The frame number starts AA .
Does anyone know the colour code for the Wine paint work on the Orge XT ? It looks very nice .
I know my ''MT-4''? should be black/silver but it would be closer to original then painting it KTM orange which was the first plan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 118  Next