Proclaiming the Zaskar the best retro bike ever :)

Russell

Old School Grand Master
This months MBR rates the Zaskar as one of the top ten bikes of the decade. Way ahead of its time geometry wise, great ride blah blah etc.

It was also the oldest bike that made it into their top ten. As the only retro bike that received this honour, I'm now proclaiming the Zaskar as the best retro-bike in the universe.

As a result of this accolade I'm fully expecting the price of Zaskar frames to reach Klein proportions on e-bay and I'll soon be retiring early when I cash in on mine.

Thats all.

:D

I second that nomination. Biased I maybe but its the best bike I've ever ridden, and before I bought my first one I rode alot of peoples bikes to try to decide what to buy

Out of interest what were the other frames?

This list of top ten frames usually boasts the Pace RC100, Klein Attitude and Fat's Yo Eddy. So be interesting to see what makes the cut this time...

JS1500":2qjpdmee said:
Come to think of it, there aren't that many on here are there?

No, I think that there's a fair bit of (and I'll say this quietly) bike snobbery when it comes to GT's. Too many people unwilling to look past the triple triangle design and see what is actually a bloody good bike.

radar":2qjpdmee said:
Out of interest what were the other frames?

It's the best bikes thay've ridden in the past 10 years so the likes of the RC100 etc won't be there.

DMR Trailstar
GT Zaskar
Commencal Meta 5
Specialized Stumpy M4
Cannondales CAAD5 range
Intense Tracer
Turner 5 Spot
Giant VT
Santa Cruz Superlight
Specialized Enduro

Latest posts

Back