What happened to Klein Bikes?

Retro Smurf

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hi please excuse my ignorance as Ive been out of the mountain bike scene for a few years and have just started to get back into the Mountain Biking, Ive been trying to track down the Klein range and can only come across a registration page on the net, I know Trek bought the company years ago but they don't seem to have any information.

You're a bit out of luck if you want to buy a new Klein. They DO pop up on eBay from time to time (2009 models) but I believe they're usually only for sale in the US. (Let me know if you ever need someone to act as a US address for receipt).

In the meantime, here are a couple of links for you to check out:

http://kleinjapan.com/

http://web.archive.org/web/199802010604 ... /home.html (this is an archive of the actual Klein website from 1997. All of the links don't work but there's some good stuff here)

they turned into a new religion... :)
adroit is God, pre 96 are saints, post 96 are the good people and Trek... oh... Trek is the Evil!!!

We should start a petition to send to Trek or the Giant Space Chicken whoever owns the rights to Klein, to bring klein back. reverse dropouts, odd high single pivot suspensension frames, integrated stem and bar combos and all!!!

Chris Hughes":1bn1ilpa said:
We should start a petition to send to Trek or the Giant Space Chicken whoever owns the rights to Klein, to bring klein back. reverse dropouts, odd high single pivot suspensension frames, integrated stem and bar combos and all!!!

Klein died the moment Gary signed the papers. The time between then and now was just waiting for the rotten smell to drift out into the hallway. :cry:

utahdog2003":1vg1wfx5 said:
Chris Hughes":1vg1wfx5 said:

Klein died the moment Gary signed the papers. The time between then and now was just waiting for the rotten smell to drift out into the hallway. :cry:

lol :D

swallowed up in the Trek empire.. as were Bontrager.
I wonder how Gary Fisher survived the corporate machine?
Cheers,
Chaser.

Back