Early Litespeed Titanium

Drewson

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Anyone know much about early Litespeed Ti frames....i.e. late 80's/early 90's? I think they were built by the Lynskey Brothers at this time were they not?

I have just purchased what i believe to be an early Litespeed frame (no. 3047). I understand that early frames had no headtube badge/decal, a seattube cable guide, different cable routing to later frames and straight chainstays/seatstays.....

Anyone help me shed any more light on what i have just purchased. I'll post pics soon...

Cheers,

Drew :)

I have a 1990 Litespeed (#2409), it has no headtube badge or decal, it also has no seat tube cable guide but a regular type bridge across the seat stays with a hanger. What size head tube is it? My one is 1” (not sure when they went to 1.125”).

Have a look at the catalogues at www.litespeed.com/2006/catalog.aspx to find the one you have. Looking at www.sheldonbrown.com/seatpost-sizes.html it looks like the seat posts on their mountain bikes from 1990 to 1993 was 27mm, and went to 27.2mm from1994 onwards.

Yup, it has 2 holes in each dropout and i meant to say that it has a bridge for the cable guide on the seatstays.....sounds about right then....

Hoping so anyway....should be a nice build... :D

OK, found it.....looks like a 91'.....just need to find a pair of those damn impossible to locate Ti forks now.... :roll: :)

Thanks folks :)

Back