GT LTS Which one is this?

Klein-Mad-Chris

Retrobike Rider
Hi there, just picked this up out of the local paper, can anybody tell me a little more about it apart that it needs a good polish!! Year made, exact model LTS3? ECT?

Had a look on Google there seems to be many different variations on the pivot design, above top tube and below. Have included a pic of the serial number only other numbers are 7005 on the rear dropouts refering to the alloy i guess.

Also anybody know what these skewers are, they look nice if a bit faded.

01042007461.jpg

01042007462.jpg

01042007463.jpg

01042007466.jpg

01042007464.jpg

Cheers Chris

could very well be a 1997 LTS3.

looks like the only original part is the rear v-brake, as the bike had a deore lx/stx 8spd groupo i think. also the colour of the decals is a givaway. are those specialized strongarm cranks??

it was quite common for people to remove number from their toptube, which denoted how much the bike was worth. i think the LTS3 was about £1200..

i did own for a while! but i worked in a shop that sold them, & i soon upgraded to the team model. loved it though! even did a few DH races on it!

I have to check, but it looks like a 96 or 97 LTS 2. I only don't really know the differences between the 96 and 97.
Only tends to be more 97, because there is a screw in the link, and the 96 hasn't got that.
But the 96 I know have the upper pivot above the top tube, and the 97 under the top tube. But maybe that is just because of different frame sizes.
I'll let you know.

^^^ Odyessey Svelt QRs I think. Had some on my old Clockwork.
Nice but sore on the hands on a cold day!

odyssey svelt OR sachs, they are both the same. larger LTS frames had the pivot below the top tube, and smaller frames had them above.

kanerdog1x1":3tbl0lzq said:
odyssey svelt OR sachs, they are both the same. larger LTS frames had the pivot below the top tube, and smaller frames had them above.

Ok, than it's a 97 LTS-2 :)
Thanks

Back