Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:38 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 53  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:20 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:35 pm
Posts: 5804
Location: Dunkeswell, Nr Honiton, Devon
that is very neat, i might have to put an order in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:28 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:24 pm
Posts: 22
ChuckO wrote:
Here it is...


Except from a few "rough" edges, that looks like a very clean adaptor. Well done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: More fun with Al
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:23 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:29 am
Posts: 36
Location: California
Aluminum, that is. Can't have my rear brake cable just flappin' around in the wind, so...


Attachments:
P1020293.jpg
P1020293.jpg [ 143.03 KiB | Viewed 3034 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More fun with Al
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:31 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:24 pm
Posts: 22
ChuckO wrote:
Aluminum, that is. Can't have my rear brake cable just flappin' around in the wind, so...


Perhaps mill down the head of the screw to make it more flush? You really only need maybe 2 mm of depth since you dont need to tourque that screw hard, and can also use some light loctite soit wont rattle loose.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More fun with Al
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:33 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:29 am
Posts: 36
Location: California
grimm wrote:
Perhaps mill down the head of the screw to make it more flush? You really only need maybe 2 mm of depth since you dont need to tourque that screw hard, and can also use some light loctite soit wont rattle loose.


OK, how's this?

My next pic will be of my trunion mount for a Fox Float, which I've yet to receive from my friend...


Attachments:
IMG_9950.JPG
IMG_9950.JPG [ 105.18 KiB | Viewed 3004 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More fun with Al
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:14 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:35 pm
Posts: 5804
Location: Dunkeswell, Nr Honiton, Devon
ChuckO wrote:
grimm wrote:
Perhaps mill down the head of the screw to make it more flush? You really only need maybe 2 mm of depth since you dont need to tourque that screw hard, and can also use some light loctite soit wont rattle loose.


OK, how's this?

My next pic will be of my trunion mount for a Fox Float, which I've yet to receive from my friend...


Now get it anodized! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More fun with Al
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:14 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:24 pm
Posts: 22
ChuckO wrote:
grimm wrote:
Perhaps mill down the head of the screw to make it more flush? You really only need maybe 2 mm of depth since you dont need to tourque that screw hard, and can also use some light loctite soit wont rattle loose.


OK, how's this?

My next pic will be of my trunion mount for a Fox Float, which I've yet to receive from my friend...


That looks much better yes, and i dig the torcx!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More fun with Al
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:46 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:29 am
Posts: 36
Location: California
grimm wrote:

That looks much better yes, and i dig the torcx!


That's a standard hex screw, repurposed from the v-brake mount. The dished surface makes it look like a torx.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More fun with Al
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:16 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:24 pm
Posts: 22
ChuckO wrote:
grimm wrote:

That looks much better yes, and i dig the torcx!


That's a standard hex screw, repurposed from the v-brake mount. The dished surface makes it look like a torx.


It sure fooled me!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Next up: Decals!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:37 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:29 am
Posts: 36
Location: California
I've ordered the NOS decals from ebay. The thermoplastic surface seems fairly slick, and I'd like to avoid having the decals flake off after only a short time. Does anyone have any tips/tricks to get the maximum life out of these decals?

Thanks...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 53  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: al-onestare, foz, IHateRain and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group