Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
So, which is it for you. Do you buy retro bikes to ride? Or to collect?

My personal thoughts on this are pretty cut and dried, although I can appreciate both points of view ...

at the moment my Spooky Metalhead is securly locked in a shed that has an alarm under the watchfull eye of my brother up in gloucester, i miss it so much :(

i know its not that retro but it was the last one to come out of spooky cycles just before they went bankrupt in 2001

Having amazing bikes & not riding them is a crime. There, I said it.
I can see why you'd keep something with real history to it locked away, but otherwise - it's a bike ffs!

Disclaimer: If I've inspired you to take your pristine Klein out for the first time & you scratch it, don't come complaining to me :twisted:

a difficult one for me, i'm restoring an Overbury's, but i'll probably never take it off road, i had a bad crash in 98 which left me with one arm working and two Campy 'U' brakes off one lever does not fill me with confidence! and the gearing would be a real arse!
when i play in the mud i like my hydraulic disks and i always end up falling off anyway! :?

I try to ride all of mine as that's where a lot of the fun comes.

In reality though there are some bikes which haven't been out in the sunshine this year so far and I'm considering a roster system to make sure I use them for their intended purpose.... :oops:

:? Mainly garage queens, they do get some miles when the weather is dry but they are I suppose classed as garage queens, the saracen & hartman I would say arn't as 'gleaming clean' as the kestrels so I do get a bit more use out of them and I mainly ride my non vintage muirwoods to work.

I can't go out and risk either snapping vintage carbon or getting followed home (again) by a bunch of chavs wanting to rip the roof off the shed and steal my babies :evil: , I like to think some bikes are preserved for future reference and for appreciating the beauty of what a mountain bike looked like in the earlier years.

no shame here
eusa_snooty.gif

Back