IS this retro enough

toons

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Dudes

I've got a rc100 with a pace\stem\steerer combo but the stem is way to long and stopping me from using the bike.

I've seen this stem on flea bay but is this stem retro enough?

Attachments

• stem.jpg
    stem.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 2,430
If it gets you using the bike I would say it doesn't matter. get it and then while you're riding your pace look for a retro one more in keeping with the bike.

Keep watching eBay for Syncros stems.
I was watching that hinged one but found an older 1" Cattlehead and bought that instead.
They seem to come up quite often.

Edit:
Infact the seller had two 'cos he offered me the choice of 15 degree or 0 degree (I took the 15).
Let me know if you want the seller's name.

toons":2vb34ytf said:
Dudes

I've got a rc100 with a pace\stem\steerer combo but the stem is way to long and stopping me from using the bike.

I've seen this stem on flea bay but is this stem retro enough?

the missing top cap (plug as he calls it) would put me off. really difficult to find and i dont agree with that you can use just any top cap...

Carsten

CRC were selling Syncros angled top-caps not long ago (probably still are!). With that in mind, I bought one that was advertised without, and it turned up with one! :)

Ziggy":3ls6hxdb said:
CRC were selling Syncros angled top-caps not long ago (probably still are!). With that in mind, I bought one that was advertised without, and it turned up with one! :)

yes, they still have them (those are repros btw). do you know if those are really the 1" version?

Carsten

Local frame builder or small welding shop Cut the original set it how you want length angle. Repaint or chrome would be nice job done :)

Back