What is THE MTB holy grail and what is YOUR holy grail

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I'm not talking the cup of a carpenter here either.

What do you consider to be THE MTB Holy Grail?
Second question, what is YOUR holy grail.

The two aren't necessarily the same...

I'd conisder the Tomac Raleigh to be the most sought after bike.

Personal choice would be a Fat Chance Yo Eddy and Klein Attitude ( which is convenient :D )

Mine would be an Overbury's Pioneer, it was something i could'nt afford at the time and if the missus finds out how much its going to cost to restore she will probably tell me i can't afford it now!

THE MTB holy grail, One of the Repack few's old bikes.

Come on; "...oh yeah, and I've got Tom Ritchey's Schwinn in the garage..." has a certain ring to it! :LOL:

My MTB holy grail, a Pace RC200F in grey with a 19" frame. Only seen 2 (not including Rich's now pink one).

hmm, THE one might be one of the first Breezers or an early Cunningham? but difficult to say.

mine is an easy one

the ZipGrip Adroit prototype featured in the 94 catalog.

http://www.wundel.com/kleinkatalog_1994 ... sbild.html

afaik 2 have been built. one is in good hands, the other one got lost, probably in Europe. at least i managed to get the MC2 from it but no idea where frame and fork are.

Carsten[/url]

Attachments

• proto1.jpg
    proto1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 3,307
Alan Bonds' 1939 Schwinn DX - the bike he rode down Repack in the 70s (though not in the original configuration or color but same frame and driveline IIRC).

redexcelsior_02.jpg

He just recently put together a reproduction of this bike's original 1977 configuration and I got to ride it for a bit up and down Tam this last Saturday.

green_02.jpg

He is Alan on Repack in I think 77 or 78 on the green bike...CK will know for sure

alan_repack1.jpg

More info on the green bike here: http://www.clunkers.net/alan_green.html

It doesn't get much holier :D well until CK chimes in with pics of his Atom drumed BMX bar'd clunker or we have good pics of Joe or Gary or Otis' repack bikes.

Stick Legs":3bpgvu07 said:
THE MTB holy grail, One of the Repack few's old bikes.

Come on; "...oh yeah, and I've got Tom Ritchey's Schwinn in the garage..." has a certain ring to it! :LOL:

Yes, not considered that. Probably change my answer from TOmac to Repack original....

For me '93 Kona Hei Hei 18" full m900 group & Syncros post n stem :cool:

It's gotta have ti P2's mind ;)

For now I'll settle for my rebuilt Kilauea :D

Holy grail eh :? , most sought after bike for many fat lovers (not BBW :LOL: ) the first ever fat chance, just imagine what that would bring on ebay showing just how sought after it would be, one of the original repack racers ?, I fully appreciate the beauty of such a bike and the historical value but i feel that the fat is a more well known bike to many of us.

my personal choice.................................. Kestrel Nitro,

Kestrelnitro.jpg

dont even care if the suspension doesnt work, I STILL WANT IT :!:

MTB Holy Grail..... Doug Bradbury built Manitou FS or HT
Mine...... RC 100 ;) ;) ;)
Both sets of builders were trying to engineer the complete package but eventually had to conform to the standards of the day

Back