1990 kona explosif

tang

Retro Newbie
hi

i sold my 1990 kona explosif back in 93 to my friend. he has it still, unridden since then, hes offered it back.
this was a great bike at the time a and i had a really nice time with it. its got all the origional kit,suntourxcpro, incl track two forks, the only upgrade is a girvin flexstem! should i take it back and if i do how much should i offer him. i think i sold it for 400 way back then. do i need it? is it like saying to the wife "my first proper girlfriend is moving back" will my cotic soul disown me?

tang":2gwhac4q said:
will my cotic soul disown me?

It bloody wants not to. It should pay repspect to one of it's forefathers (sort of).

Get it back for a fair but reasonable price.

Hard one that...

If you take E-bay as a good benchmark then a really clean example could fetch anywhere from £300 to £500..

This is mine, absolutely mint ... what is it worth ?? no idea, to me a grillion quid, to the Kona Haters, about 50p ...

main.php

But whatever it costs you should get it back and your other bike won't mind, think of it as getting it a companion... like a rescue dog to go with your new puppy..

nice retroguru! this was the bike that started it all for me. before then i had an early rockhopper and a saracen but the explosif really had a great ride. its been steel hardtails since(barring a moment of mid 90s madness when i gave cannondales a go.. ouch). yes youre right my cotic should pay homage. maybe ill get it as a mentor for her...

Look at it this way...
Your wife will say you paid to much for it.
Your mate will say he sold it to you cheap.
And you`ll be over the moon to have it back.

Back