Keyesville 07

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Hey we might have BOTM but they've got Keyesville!!!!

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=279393

Imitation, flattery, whatever! Let's get our retro 'race' off the ground this year - the more badly organised, the more dumb the prizes, the fewer the people that actually turn up = more future folklore and 'I was there' bullshit!

Surely we can squeeze our category into/on the back off an existing event??

Thought people....

Neil

It's gotta start somewhere I guess. :)

K'Ville is the first vintage specific category that we know of in the US.

With the higher concentration of vintage riders in the UK, I would think you guys could pull a pretty good sized group of riders for a vintage class.
Even if it's just all your friends...it's just good fun.

In our case, we knew the promoters of the race, so that helped.

Start humble and grow. :D

Look forward to hearing you guys getting something together in the vintage mtb race arena.

Sounds like it was a good day, shame on the bad feeling going round though.
Really fancy racing in those conditions. nice.

Something like this could really work in UK. Not sure quite how just yet, enduros are pretty big now. Something like the Malverns/Chedder would be ideal if we could add a retro cat :)

gump":2v9oktxi said:
Sounds like it was a good day, shame on the bad feeling going round though.
Really fancy racing in those conditions. nice.

Something like this could really work in UK. Not sure quite how just yet, enduros are pretty big now. Something like the Malverns/Chedder would be ideal if we could add a retro cat :)

Yeah, that thread ended up with the bad vibe which is really too bad...I don't think that accurately reflects the overall weekend.

The short track format really ended up a lot of fun actually...30 minutes on the bike, lots of spectator appeal and photo ops. Time to show off the old bikes.

No doubt you guys could do it better

Race Pace

Totally agree that we should have an annual 'race' - with near on a 1,000 registered users we must be able to make it happen!

For this year surely we could 'attach' a retro category to an existing event - this would minimise the hassle for the organisers, give them some extra entries and spectator appeal etc.

Do we know any organisers of low key races say, in the midlands, that we could 'guarantee' the support of 10-15 + riders?

As you say Gump, enduros mean we avoid the hassle of eilte to fun standards as we can all pile in.

Have we pointed our American colleagues to theb results of our Spring Ride Out yet? Isn't Rutteger our envoy on such transatlantic cordiale???

Neil

Re: Race Pace

mrkawasaki":18057d87 said:
Totally agree that we should have an annual 'race' - with near on a 1,000 registered users we must be able to make it happen!

For this year surely we could 'attach' a retro category to an existing event - this would minimise the hassle for the organisers, give them some extra entries and spectator appeal etc.

Do we know any organisers of low key races say, in the midlands, that we could 'guarantee' the support of 10-15 + riders?

As you say Gump, enduros mean we avoid the hassle of eilte to fun standards as we can all pile in.

Have we pointed our American colleagues to theb results of our Spring Ride Out yet? Isn't Rutteger our envoy on such transatlantic cordiale???

Neil

Yep. But surprisingly not from Rutt. :)

a race in the style of the world s/s thing might be good but then a weekend "festival" would be good too
do it north tho
could be whole retro lifestyle thing ,retro disco/rave, retro dress etc

just my 20p's worth

Back