Anyone broken a Klein?

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Just wondering as I dont hear too many stories of these snapping, cracking breaking etc. Hear and see lots of Cannondales snapping but not so Klein (or am I mistaken?)

A friend of my broke his Attitude at the reartriangle. Not weird when you consider he was making big jumps all the time. He than bought a Zaskar. Although it is said alloy doesn't bend, for some kind of reason resemblence with those Corratec Bow frames came to mind over time.

Jez,

I have never personally broken a Klein, but in my circle of friends I've seen three break (and ultimately break their hearts :( )

One was a road bike that fractured at the rear dropouts/seatstay, one an Adroit that broke at the downtube/headtube intersect, and a final Attitude that broke at the rear Chainstay/BB intersection..

One of the three were warrantied :cry:

I still have my Klein road bike from the mid eighties, raced it very hard, crashed it frequently, and it's still going strong. Someday I'll pick up an Adroit to soothe my soul.

cheers,

rody

theres a wicked pic of a team 1991 attitude with the headtube totally ripped off somewhere recently on MTBR.
I wouldnt say totally killed a klein. tho the older era (klein built kleins!) did have a tendency to crack. specifically at the back of the seatube, back of the fork legs on the 1990 welded crown fork (later replaced by the unicrown more common fork). 1 of my mates did bend a MC1 bar/ stem combo.

old skool classic 1 liner.. biggest building in the world? c'dale warranty room ;)

Never seen a proper one die. But i've seen a few Trek ones die, strangely enough when they introduced replaceable dropouts. :roll:

Can anyone rob a pic from the German forum so I can see? As they are alumunium they "should" break. Just wondering where the most common areas are...

Back