Tioga Disk Drive with disk brakes??!!

Macscheen

Retro Newbie
Hi there,

I have wanted a Tioga Disk Drive since I started biking in '92 but could never afford one. Now that I have the money I cannot do without disk brakes. Does anyone know if a disk drive can be built up using a disk hub? If so does anyone have one for sale.

Cheers,

Macscheen

yup, old school sachs disc hub would fit a disc drive.... tho I imagine thats one massive recipe for disaster! :LOL:

Dont know how well these work but if you build using an xt or xtr these might work (off ebay.com)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
retrobikeguy":36r9cbkn said:
Dont know how well these work but if you build using an xt or xtr these might work (off ebay.com)

that wouldnt allow the disc drive to fit.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Disastor?

Macscheen":22of94lx said:
Why would it be a disastor?

Would the force of the brake destroy the wheel?

to be fair I've never seen a disc brake set up on a disc drive so I dont know how well it would handle. I have seen a sram disc hub built onto a disk drive, so at least its possible. personally I'd save the disc drive for retro (light!) useage & use more conventional (reliable!) spokes with the disk brake wheel.

dunno, a disk drive would add extra suspension to match the frame/forks/seatpost? all that would be missing then would be a flexi stem :LOL:

only joking, it's lovely bike & I'm jealous! - some spinergy type wheels would look cool, not sure if you can get them disc compatible tho

retrobikeguy":3ra6xy3w said:

Have you got the link for these?

Ta

John

Latest posts

Back