What colour should i spray my 1992 Kona Lava Dome?

Tallpaul

Gold Trader
Right, i've pretty much gathered all the parts for my 1992 Kona Lava Dome so shortly she'll be off to Argos for a respray.

Here's how she looks right now:

DSC00458.jpg

I'm gonna keep the forks black to match the Syncros Stem and Hyperlight Bars but the frame is a blank canvas.

I won't lie, i think Ameybrooks Lava Dome is pretty much my dream bike:

DSCN0550.jpg

but i've chosen not to copy it completely (no purple in sight :)) but i rather like the idea of a similar green on my frame... Before you say it, i've ruled out white but a bright solid Red appeals too.

Baring in mind the front is staying all black, anyone care to offer comments for suitable frame colours?

Finally, if anyone is interested, here is the Spec:

1992 Kona Lava Dome (19") with Project Two's
Mavic 217 SUP CD Rims. Front Hub: Middleburn, Rear: M737 8sp
DX Thumbies
M737 F/R Mechs
M900 Chainset
M900 8sp Cassette
Flite Ti Saddle
Kalloy Seatpost (Decent 26.4 posts are hard to find!)
Kona Impact Headset
Syncros Stem
Answer Hyperlight Bar
Onza Ules Grips :cool:
Kona High Command Brake Levers
Onza HO Canti's

off to Argos

Could you ask them to return my emails? :roll:

If it turns out anything like Ameybrooks it'll be all good. :cool:

Edit:
Out of Argos' standard colours i'd go for something like:

15%20verde.jpg

or

53%20signal%20green.jpg

or perhaps...

16%20verde%20lago.jpg

:D That kermit green would look good. Don't write-off pearly white though... Argos have just resprayed my Kilauea in that colour & jolly nice it looks too ;)

sunchaser":fr14jitm said:
:D That kermit green would look good. Don't write-off pearly white though... Argos have just resprayed my Kilauea in that colour & jolly nice it looks too ;)

Don't get me wrong, white can look great. It's just that i fancy something really bright for this one :)

How about a metallic pearlescent version of the standard purple? Keeps the original colour scheme but gives you that "wow" factor?

:D I like the colour of that Fire Mountain :p .

There' too much choice :? I was in the same boat as you, could'nt decide which colour to go for so went with (safe) white :roll: as per '95 Kilauea.

I'm sure which ever colour you choose you'll be pleased with the jod that Argos will do. I'm chuffed to bits with mine.

I would post a pic ,but I'm computer illiterate :oops:

Back