Info required on Raleigh ti.

Chris

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I know they've just been voted uncool but I couldn't resist this.

It's badged as a team raleigh but that is all I know about it.

I was told it is a raleigh special products frame made by timet?

Does anyone have any knowledge of these inc age?

Catologue pics would be nice ;)

There is a threaded hole at the back probably for a canti hanger if that helps date it at all.

Apologies for the pic, I pinched it off ebay.

Will post some better ones soon.

Chris.

Raleighti.jpg

I had thought that all Ti Raleighs were made in Russia. But I may have recalled wrong and that they just used Russian tube stock.

I used to own this RSP Titanium, which I understood was BUILT in Nottingham. Was quite a late one: chap from whom I bought it had links to the factory in its "troubled" last days and actually had two as I recall.

tifly2.jpg

I have two other snaps if anyone wants to "compare and contrast".

Mine for comparison ;)
I think we have a later model,i got mine here and it was advertised as being from 1998,though the date letter[if thats what it is]seems to read 1997.

And as far as i know,it was only the early raleighs that used a Russian Titanium,not cheap either,but a grade 3 pure Ti,drawn[though early ones may have been rolled,im not sure about this as ive seen a few and theres never been a line to indicate a join.
The torus and the rsp 550 were timet titanium,custom drawn[ :roll: ]hand built and i believe hand welded.But top quality,its only places like the cool wall,that dilutes its true high quality heritage :cool:

Attachments

• dsc02721_697 (Medium).jpg
    dsc02721_697 (Medium).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 2,822
I have what i think is a 94, looks same as Mr.Kawasaki's. Tomac design series had the cable stops on the SIDE not top like some posted here.

My '94 Torus also has side cable stops and an unthreaded rear cable hanger and as far as I know were constructed with Ti-3A-2.5V tubing.

On the wishbone of mine is a threaded frame mount, that may be for a screw-in canti mount :?

Latest posts

Back