1990(ish) Scott Boulder

antenna

Retro Newbie
I have a Scott mountain bike that's around 17 years old which I was thinking of selling, but knowing very little about bikes (apart from which way round to sit on one) I wasn't sure if this kind of thing was sought after or not.

It's never been near a mountain in it's life, so it's not bad for it's age - bits of surface rust here and there, but nowt serious. The back brake's broken (the cable has snapped off) but apart from that and 2 flat tyres it's still rideable.

You can see a couple of pics of it here:
www.nu-ikonz.co.uk/bike/scott1.jpg
www.nu-ikonz.co.uk/bike/scott2.jpg

...is it worth putting on eBay or would I be wasting everyone's time?

Cheers

Hey Antenna - Welcome.

I don't know about value, these things rarely give you what you think they are worth, and it's often worth just using them.

But I'd say (and I may be wrong), that if you advertise it, you should do so as a 1988 Boulder. That componentry and those stickers point it that way to me.

Cheers for the advice Wu-Tangled, much appreciated.

1988 could be right - I bought it off a friend around 1990 and he'd had it for a little while.

I wasn't holding out much hope for making loads of ££ from selling it - it's just taking up room and not getting used at the moment, so I guess I'll give eBay a go.

Thanks again for your help.

No worries mate, maybe use it for a nip down the shops bike or a station runner?

good luck anyway.

This frame looks to have the spare spokes along the chainstay - I thought that was cool before I find out how rarely spokes break.

Back