Name that RM bike!

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
Let's have some fun here. Can anyone figure out what Rocky Mountain bike this is? ;)

… and no, it's not my bike. but someone shared these photos with me. :cool:

Attachments

• Picture 079.jpg
    Picture 079.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 2,195
  • Picture 073.jpg
    Picture 073.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 2,195
  • Picture 076.jpg
    Picture 076.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 2,195
  • Picture 075.jpg
    Picture 075.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 2,195
more…

Attachments

• Picture 084.jpg
    Picture 084.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 2,192
  • Picture 082.jpg
    Picture 082.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 2,192
  • Picture 081.jpg
    Picture 081.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 2,192
how neatly are those tubes put together. are they 24" wheels?

is it a clown bike?

yes, very observant, those are in fact 24". for anyone who knows where i got the pics from, please don't spoil the game by answering! ;)

Are the wheels as big as 24"? The bb is way higher than the axles, so I had thought they were 20". If 24, the bike must be quite odd to ride from that high up.

I agree with Jupke about 1993, and the decals and tubes look like an Equipe, but the Equipe was a very very dark olive green that looks like black and I didn't know you could have a custom Equipe made. As this is a hand-built special, is it a Thunderbolt?

nope not an Equipe. and from what i have been told the rims are 24", you won't find this in any catalogue as it is 1 of 2 in existence, and the same builder welded the ThunderBolts.

Yes, it's considered a trials bike. and YES, the welds look SUPER TIDY. I have a few more photos to share when the bike is revealed.

i'm guessing unless you're in the know about inside info on Rocky Mountain, i really can't see this being answered.

btw, this MAY be up for sale by the owner shortly. ;)

[edit] that should be ThunderBolt, not Ti-bolt, sorry!

Sorry, I had to add this.
The joints are fillet bazed not wielded. Not a Equipe. Yes, this is a hand made frame.
This bike has been riden about 6 times in 15 years!!!
Those parts came with this bike. (the rear wheel was added for those pictures)
The front derrailleur (with the extended cage) was made for this bike.
Do you know Billy B's real name?

Back