pace lineage?

missmyfat

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Can anyone tell me the pace model history? As in when the RC100 became RC200 then RC300 and the different F variants and the difference between them? realise this is probably quite a long story but any info would be appreciated!
thanks!

1987ish. RC100 complete bike with bullseye cranks and Maguras. No options or compromise.
Very very good but Pace were smart enough to realise the limited market potential so in 1992/1993 the released the RC200F, a frameset with a standard 68mm english BB and 1" head set. Square seat tube so Mavic, Campagnolo or Suntour front mechs were the only option.
RC 200F2 was a refined version of the above.
Realising this was limiting their market to riders who did not want the full benefits of shimano's dual sis they relented in 1994 and added a round seat tube to the RC200F3.
The RC200F4 was a refined version of that and then they went to a 1 1/8" head set on the RC200F5. (edit, may not have happened until F6)
The RC200F6 was a refined version of that and so on until the RC200F8.

Pace then bought out the RC300 with a carbon seat tube.

Pace either diluted their original design OR refined and perfected it depending on who you speak to. I belive they are all beautiful and just represent the change in direction of a succesful and innovative british company. Discuss :LOL:

Attachments

• pbpic1111232.jpg
    pbpic1111232.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 2,159
  • RC100.jpg
    RC100.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 2,159
  • pp.jpg
    pp.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 2,159
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2,159
wow thanks for that! :) knew i was asking in the right place.
that fills in some holes. so RC200 f8 would be about which year?
and when did the 200 become the 300?

that is some collection by the way! :cool:

F8 was 2000.

RC300 was about 2002 if I remember correctly.

As for the nice collection... I WISH!

The RC200F6 with the purple stem is mine.
The RC200F4 with spinergy's is Jez's.
The RC100 with yellow forks is retrobikeguy's.
I know not who own's the very sexy black RC100 team issue. The only other one like that I have seen was Steve Worland's.

Cheers.

Oooops!
do remember steve worlands team bike. Nice!
always fancied a pace since 1990. remember a guy hucking off cannock chase quarry on a RC100 with yellow bullseyes etc. he looked a bit of a mess when the ambulance picked him up. :shock: the bike was fine though!
pace always looked well thought out with excellent build quality IMHO plus the fact that are British always appealed. hmmm.......

The 200f8 never became the 300 they ran concurrently; perhaps if their welder hadn't disappeared to Oz the 200f8 might have faded away leaving the 300 series.

Also a few down hill /full sus frames lurking around. And the rather good trials frames 250.

main.php

that is a small company. did not realise the new ones are taiwan made, glad i did not buy one now!
radar i do love your ride by the way,looks very classy, just the right size for me too......

good history, but I have a 1" F5, so there may not have been cut/dried splits in production. Guess they just used bits up :LOL:

Back