Roller on Fat Chance

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Got my Avid roller from a rollermajig thingie.

Got my bottom pull M900 xtr 34.9 front mech.

Got the Fat Ti with a new front mech cable....

How the hell does it get threaded around the roller? The cable rubs the seattube when I thread it through the most simplistic way?

Can someone take some pics and post them so I can see how the roller sits. Am I supposed to shim out the roller so its not so flush with the frame?

Appreciated muchly so...

jezza

Thanks mate - super help...

I tried that configuration but the cable was still dead close to the frame.

How far from the frame does the roller sit? Is it quite flush?

My cable is like younggeoff's except for that the end that goes to the mech passes the other on the other side

There is no washer

Jez,

You need a special bolt that IS NOT threaded clear to the head. The one I dug out of the spare parts box as well as the one on my bike have about 2-4 mm of smooth material between the head and threads that will stop the bolt threading in too close to the frame and lets the cartridge bearing roll smoothly.

cheers,

rody

Hi Rody

The pulley rolls fine - thats not the problem - if anything I "could" space it out with a washer or two but that will only give me a few more mm clearance for the cable to miss the tube.

Im beginning to think that the cable stop is far to the right of the seattube - very odd. Ill get some piccies...

Jez,

The non-threaded portion actually keeps the roller away from the frame...

maybe a couple of pics would help, looking forward to seeing them.

rody

Hey guys!

At 1am - sorted it!

Fortunatly I have quite a good "washers, nuts and bolts" jat and found a superb washer that spaced it out a good 4mm. Now teh roller works absolutly superbly and looks the business too.

Best thing is that it works brilliantly and is super smooth!

Latest posts

Back