Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:21 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:15 pm 
98+ BoTM | BoTM | Gold | Rider

Geoff wrote:
...and secondly living in Australia is a pain in the arse in regards to getting items like this. Looking at ebay.com.au and then ebay.co.uk upsets me. Lots. :cry:

I feel your pain.. But I also envy your Avatar, fantastic drop.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:17 pm 
Retro Guru

Oh yeah it is! Will go get some more next time I'm headed past Danny Murphy's... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:14 pm 

Ever so slightly OT.. Had this Pint Glass since '04 when I **borrowed** it from the Chelsea Surprise SW3 :wink:

Been washed a few times so the gold a bit worn..

Back on track.. Pace frames are becoming a rarity I rekkon.. Esp the RC1, and although Alu. have never been my bag, I wouldn't mind one just to try for a summer.. In pewter or black 8)

Attachments:
Image002.jpg
Image002.jpg [ 26.08 KiB | Viewed 1900 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:41 pm 
Retro Guru

I was warned off Pace frames years ago when I had a wee shot and quite fancied one :oops:

I've also seen quite a few break :?

Good looking and nice to ride but perhaps a little delicate for the likes of me :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:27 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

Marin team ti then a Trimble then Klein Attitude
Thanks to Marin's importer being crap never bought one. Which was lucky as then saw a picture of a Trimble And wanted one ASAP and it was/is as could as i could want. Then when that got nicked i wanted a Klein and they where xcellent. But always wanted a Trimble again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:37 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

my teen dream was a P7, in nickel with XT. i still haven't ridden one and am waiting to buy a good clean example and work out a way to hide it from the mrs.

Post subject: teenage dream machine!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:24 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

mine has to be the klein adroit, still havent owned one, there should be a law stating that if you own more than two kleins you shouldnt be allowed to buy any more !! the super rich collectors are out bidding everyone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:26 am 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

amen to that!
same with my dream bike,a yeti arc or fro,from early 90's when they had the grey/turquoise paint.ohh,the dreams!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:00 am 
Devout Dirtbag

Back in 89 I dreamed of anything U.S. made with big fat tubes. They looked so radical compared to the stuff I had grown up riding (ie. racers with cowhorn handlebars) :lol:
Klein had it all for me as an unattainable dream bike. Then when I first saw the Clockwork I had to have one but the shop only had a Prestige in my size 17.5" so I built that frame up. I think that was a dream of a ride, when I get my Klein I'll decide which was best. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:44 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Growing up in Pickering, Yorkshire close to the Pace factory, a Pace has always been high up the list. Had a chance to buy a second hand RC100 team with additional milling over shop versions to save, ooh maybe 10 grams total, with mavic headset, integrate stem/steerer, bullseyes, Pace screw on hubs etc but it was just too small.. Not got yet.

Merlin XLM - I have a 1997 which I got second hand a couple of years ago but it's kinda on the edge of retro/not retro - lovely bike though.

Proflex - now have 4, oops!

Guilty secret - Cannondale Killer V/ Delta V, in polished ally. Not sure why, prefer the extra triangle to normal Cannondale hardtails, still debating whether to get onr and build with US exotica or not!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next