Anyone got some bolt croppers?

Simon

Senior Retro Guru
Was out and about in Richmond last weekend, and spotted a rather sad-looking Moutain Goat WTR in green / orange splatter with the matching sprayed Rock Shox forks and a machined Mountain Goat crown. It was down by the river, and judging from the silt / general muck on it, it's left out in all weathers and gets a good soaking when the river level rises (because it's tidal).

Given the above, the frame is probably riddled with rust, and the paintjob looked a little worn, and the kit on it was all shagged. Still, seemed a shame to see something so nice relegated to that.

I've got a photo on my phone that I'll try to upload at some point.

Having just found the photo on my camera phone, it's got XT thumbies and Crystal Designs brake levers. But it's also got a mount for a child seat.

Did you leave a note/enquire with the Police re. ownership?

No, but it didn't look 'stolen' abused, more 'unloved' abused - certainly not someone's beauty queen that had fallen from grace, more a bike that was brought when someone was young and into cycling, and now pressed into more mundane duties with the original price / value / pleasure long since forgotten.

If it had been my size I'd have been more interested in rescuing it.

See, I wonder how long something has to be left before it can be claimed to be "abandoned"...? Might be worth enquiring...

if its in the fekin river and covered in mud , get it out

who`s going to give a shit :?:

Back