Bleeding MAGURA HS33 TIP

yo-eddy

Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Had some problems getting the air out of my HS33's, found this simple trick on the net...... and it worked for me :D will work for other types (both people and magura's ;) ) also

Here is a hint (not sure it is on the Magura manual or not). If you bled it correctly, more than likely most (if not all) the air causing the problem, is in the lever (master cylinder). To fix this without rebleeding for the 10th time:

1. Stand bike up. Flick lever a bunch of times (moves air further toward bleed screw).
2. Lay bike down so that brake in questions lever is closest to the ground (lever blade pointing toward ground, bleed bolt pointing toward sky).
3. Undo bleed bolt and take it out. If you look down, more than likely the oil it not right up to the top. Pull the lever blade (SLOWLY! lest you want an eyeful of Magura oil) until the oil is forced to the top of the hole.
4. Slowly release lever and drip oil in hole (keeping oil level with top). When lever is all the way released (and oil filling hole all the way to top).
5. Replace bleed bolt
6. Go ride.

On really bad days it can take a couple times of this (remember to flick lever in between). I can tell you it is a hell of allot faster than complete re-bleed.

Thanks. all tips are help. When i feel brave I'll tackle my fronts :LOL:

yo-eddy":7h5p7ata said:
Had some problems getting the air out of my HS33's, found this simple trick on the net...... and it worked for me :D will work for other types (both people and magura's ;) ) also

Here is a hint (not sure it is on the Magura manual or not). If you bled it correctly, more than likely most (if not all) the air causing the problem, is in the lever (master cylinder). To fix this without rebleeding for the 10th time:

1. Stand bike up. Flick lever a bunch of times (moves air further toward bleed screw).
2. Lay bike down so that brake in questions lever is closest to the ground (lever blade pointing toward ground, bleed bolt pointing toward sky).
3. Undo bleed bolt and take it out. If you look down, more than likely the oil it not right up to the top. Pull the lever blade (SLOWLY! lest you want an eyeful of Magura oil) until the oil is forced to the top of the hole.
4. Slowly release lever and drip oil in hole (keeping oil level with top). When lever is all the way released (and oil filling hole all the way to top).
5. Replace bleed bolt
6. Go ride.

On really bad days it can take a couple times of this (remember to flick lever in between). I can tell you it is a hell of allot faster than complete re-bleed.

Thread resurrection.....

Had an opportunity to try the above method as I had recently made a set of HS33s that I have had kept in storage for quite awhile useful again. Was searching for a quick effective problem solving methods other than the norm & stumble upon this thread while doing a search. Well, I must say it's pretty effective and don't take more than 20 minutes for both brakes. Repeated the steps as advised 2 to 3 times for each lever to eliminate those bubbles but the short while spent was well worth it. No hassle, no mess but way effective. Brakes feel & works very nicely now!

A very useful tip indeed !

:D

Back