What my wife just said (and it is relevant!)

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
My wife, while ironng my clothes, has just informed me that my ownership of so many bikes is due to self-esteem issues. Leaving aside the fact that I have abdicated my responsibility for mundane but essential domestic chore and so am clearly someone with minimal integrity, is she on to something?

I actually feel so bad about myself that I can an inappropriate purchase is imminent - oh bugger!

scant":29hqtxu4 said:
ededwards":29hqtxu4 said:
I actually feel so bad about myself that I can feel an inappropriate purchase is imminent - oh bugger!

you know it makes sence ;)

You keep quiet in the valleys, I know your game!!

Mine said something very similar, but it turned out i had a very serious medical condition - OCCFPD - obsessive compulsive carbon fibre purchasing disorder, it's not my fault !
She of course does'nt believe me, but then again did'nt believe blocking up the fire place and hanging a plasma on the wall, was to help relieve my bad neck !
Women ! i don't moan about her shoes, but get all excited about finding some NOS tyres and i'm a sad git !

I have to speak in defence of my good lady, Dr Kestonian. While contemplating the purchase of a new steed (yes, I went for new, sorry) I was fiddling with a spreadsheet to get all the parts in under budget and she said "why don't you just forget the budget and get what you want - you'll only regret not going for all the fancy bits in a few months"

She's lovely!

It's just like the AA (not the Automobile assosiation), it's just being brave enough to admit you've got a problem :LOL:

Kestonian said:
I have to speak in defence of my good lady, Dr Kestonian. While contemplating the purchase of a new steed (yes, I went for new, sorry) I was fiddling with a spreadsheet to get all the parts in under budget and she said "why don't you just forget the budget and get what you want - you'll only regret not going for all the fancy bits in a few months"

She's lovely!

You must be joking!

Now have clearance for unnecessary/inappropriate purchase (it's amazing what 4 hours of abject grovelling can do) although self-esteem issues remain unresolved.

Will going out in the moonlight daubed in woad and howling at the moon sort me out? Or will the resultant neighbour related trauma offset the benefits of said activity?

Perhaps just yielding to temptation is the healthiest option.

OCCFPD! thats a made up condition! i hear its cured by eating fruit pastilles?

i have got OCTiPD, but thats a real condition. ;)

Latest posts

Back